A festive food and gift fair, holly wreath and candle making workshops, stories with Santa and a candlelit carol service are among the activities planned for visitors to the National Memorial Arboretum in the run-up to Christmas.
The programme will kick off on December 3 and 4 with the following events and activities:
- Festive fair with handmade gifts and a selection of food and drink.
- Workshops in which adults can learn the art of making traditional holly wreaths. The activity costs £28 and pre-booking is essential. All materials, mulled wine and mince pies are provided.
- Workshops to learn the art of scented candle making at this exclusive Christmas craft. All materials are provided. Booking Essential. £30 per person.
- Stories with Santa in his grotto and a puzzle trail in Santa’s garden. This activity costs £12 per child and pre-booking is essential. Each child will receive a ‘paint your own’ Robin Red breast moneybox.
- Christmas Make & Take Workshops. Christmas Snowflakes, Peace Doves, or even try our Christmas Origami activities. All materials provided.
Christmas in the trenches during World War 1 will be the theme of our Spotlight On talk, December 17 by Alan Wakefield, Head of First World War and Early 20th Century Conflicts at Imperial War Museums.
On December 17, there will be a candlelit carol service in the grounds of the Arboretum in the evening, which is open to everyone.
The Arboretum’s new Remembrance Centre is now open, with a new restaurant, which is open daily, will offer a Christmas carvery throughout December.
Sarah Oakden, Head of Marketing at the Arboretum, said: “We always welcome lots of extra visitors in December when many families and friends get the chance to spend more time together. Being centrally located and open every day except Christmas Day, the Arboretum is the perfect location to meet up during the festive period.
“We hope that our varied programme of activities and events will provide inspiration for children and adults alike at this very special time of year.”
For more details on these and other events at the Arboretum, log on to http://www.thenma.org.uk/events-and-news/christmas-at-the-arboretum/