No Longer a Secret is a follow up to last years Familly Matters – Silent Voices of Abuse Conference took place on Saturday 12th November hosted by Pastor Sharon Mclean co-founder to Yahweh Christian Fellowship.
Yahweh Chrisitan Fellowship opened their Family Therapy Centrein September 2015 based in Tooting, off Garratt Lane. They have Christian and Non-christian counsellors who are licensed and professionally trained offering counselling services for individuals, couples and families for reasonable fee.
Sexual abuse and violence remains a taboo amongst community. Breaking the cycle and silence of abuse with open discussion within the church and local community. People with disabilities and the vulnerable with learning difficulties, autism spectrum conditions and social communication disorder are not included in these campaigns and hope to have information provided on the day.
Social media, smart phones and peer pressure is being blamed for taking our children, but when it comes to how abuse is being used to manipulate the vulnerable children and youth crying out for help, where do these children go too?
Hard talks from speakers who will be speaking on whats happening on the streets and amongst the community.
Other presentations by
– Jennifer McDermott Founder Cassandra Learning Centre (CLC)– tackling and supporting teen domestic abuse or violence
– Stefan Brown – Survivor of Abuse, Mentor, Public Speaker and Founder of Stop Our Kids being Killed on Our Streets (SOKBKOOS)
– Serrina Lobban -Senior Practitioner – Barnardos outreaching toFaith and Cultural Groups in Wandsworth
– S’healing – “Poetry”
– Minister Tracey King – Women Ministries
Raising awareness, understanding and acknowledging the challenges of adult overcomers to childhood abuse.
– Mini Stalls
– 1:1 Counsellors available
– Panel Q&A
– Light refreshments