This month, it’s Black History Month and Lambeth Council have launched a new recruitment campaign.
Lambeth has a number of children in its care and they are looking for foster carers from all backgrounds to reflect our diverse communities. During Black History Month, Lambeth Council are urging people from Black African and Black Caribbean communities to get involved.
There are many types of placement opportunities and many children that need fostering, who come from all walks of life, and they could need support for a day, a week or even longer.
A series of events are taking place during Black History Month and staff from Lambeth’s fostering service will be out and about across the borough, and other parts of London, explaining the role of fostering, and how people from those communities can get involved.
Anyone can apply to be a foster carer. You’ll get an induction, ongoing training, and support from the Lambeth Council fostering team. So, make sure you attend one of the events in London to find out more about fostering.
Visit lambeth.gov.uk for full details – dates, times and locations.
Lambeth’s Fostering Service:
• Monday 1st October: Somali Community Centre – 7-9 Crowndale Road, London, NW1 1TU – 11am to 12:00pm
• Thursday 4th October: Tate Streatham Library – 63 Streatham High Road, Streatham, London, SW16 1PN – 11am to 5pm
• Tuesday 9th October: Clapham Library – Mary Seacole Centre, 91 Clapham High Street, London SW4 7DB – 11am to 5pm
• Thursday 11th October: Brixton Library – Brixton Oval, Brixton, London SW2 1JQ – 11am to 5pm
• Tuesday 16th October: Somali Community Centre – 7-9 Crowndale Road, London, NW1 1TU – 11am to 12:00pm
• Thursday 18th October: Brixton Library – Brixton Oval, Brixton, London SW2 1JQ – 11am to 5pm
• Tuesday 23rd October: Upper Norwood Library – 39 Westow Hill, London, SE19 1TJ – 11am to 5pm
• Thursday 25th October: Eritrean Community Centre – 78 Edmund Street, Camberwell, SE5 7NR – 11am to 2pm
• Monday 29th October: Waterloo Library – 1 Kennington Road, London, SE1 7QP – 11am to 5pm