Thank you for reading Keep The Faith! If you enjoy our content, tell us by leaving a review here
Prince Harry and Meghan are on an official royal tour which includes trips to Fiji and Tonga – countries which are listed as “areas with risk of Zika infection”, by the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
The travel advice is that pregnant women should not travel to these areas, but if they do, they should talk to their doctor first.
People are advised to take measures to prevent bites from mosquitoes, which spread the virus.
Zika came to worldwide attention in 2016 ahead of the Rio Olympics, when an outbreak of the virus led to Brazil declaring a national emergency.
Royal baby facts
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s baby is due in spring next year.
- The baby will be seventh in line to the throne.
- They will be the Prince of Wales’s fourth grandchild.
- The baby will be a great-grandchild of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
- They will not be a prince nor a princess – unless the Queen steps in. A son would be known as Earl of Dumbarton, while a daughter would be Lady (first name) Mountbatten-Windsor.
- Prince Harry and Meghan could apply for their child to have dual US-UK citizenship.
First Published 15.10.18: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-45861719
Before you go, we’ve noticed you’ve visited Keep The Faith a few times; we think that’s great! It’s regular support from readers, like you, that makes our work worthwhile. So, here’s a heartfelt thank you from our team.
Did you know, you can also support Keep The Faith with a gift of any size today?
Your gifts are so important to our future because we provide all our services for free and help those who are in need of God's Word. 100% of your gifts will be used to help us continue transforming lives and supporting UK and international Christian projects.