What do you do when life falls apart, and it feels as if God has left you? How do you keep going when your faith is rocked to the core? Sometimes things get so hard we’re not sure where God is – or what he’s up to. For Patrick there was pain, illness, and loss in his family andcommunity.
Then a series of excruciating operations took him to the brink physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Writing during his journey of recovery, Patrick explores how we find God in times of suffering.
In this new and revised edition, launched against the backdrop of a third UK national lock-down due to the corona virus pandemic, Patrick draws on his own experience of suffering to ask:
• Where is God in the pain?
• How we can know God’s peace when life is anything but peaceful?
• What is the true nature of courage?
• How can we allow ourselves the grace to rest when we’re running on empty?
• How we can stay fully present in the moment – all so we can ultimately grasp the love of God at a deeper level..
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Patrick Regan OBE is the founder and CEO of Kintsugi Hope, a charity which aims to create safe and supportive spaces for those suffering from emotional and mental health challenges. In 2010 he received the Mayor of London Peace Award for his valuable contribution towards peace and justice and was also awarded an OBE from her Majesty the Queen for services to young people.